Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Dayton OH, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineering interns who are interested in artificial intelligence algorithms and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
This is a paid internship position. Timing of the internship is flexible – it may run during the summer months or academic year, or both.
As a Systems intern, your principal work assignments will involve supporting the company’s development efforts in airborne, terrestrial and maritime unmanned systems and the software that drives them.
- Support integration and test of our software under development
- Use 3D printers to design and build customized test cases and test rigs including designing in conformal antennas
- Design and build field transportable ground control stations
- Manage the company integration and test lab
- Run/participate in a project to acquire an unmanned ground vehicle and develop a test scheme to carry an unmanned air vehicle in a marsupial-like manner and launch it from the unmanned ground vehicle
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Engineering background and interest
- Competency in use of 3D printing machines highly desired
- High comfort level in mechanical engineering, system engineering and working with hardware/systems, especially robotic systems
- BS (or higher) degree in Mechanical or Systems Engineering (or degree in-process) or equivalent engineering discipline
- Experience in engineering labs required
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area
- US Citizenship required
- We expect to transition this position in a full-time position
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.