Location: Dayton Ohio area.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is principally located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineers who are passionate about the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
Autonodyne has a standard benefit package and equity will be part of the compensation package.
As a System Engineer specializing in the aviation and unmanned aerial systems domain, you will be responsible for defining and integrating avionics to convert a Cirrus SR22 aircraft into an optionally piloted vehicle (OPV). As a company, we have already created mission computers for on-board use and ground control stations along with the accompanying autonomy behavior software to enable OPV operations during enroute flight. Now we will be augmenting and adding whole new functionality to that system to allow full unmanned flight of the SR22 including start, taxi, takeoff, enroute operations, arrival, landing and shutdown, along with dealing with anomalous conditions enroute and traffic detection and avoidance.
We will be a focused team of engineers based primarily in the Boston area working on this specific program and this position is the on-site Ohio presence and project lead for the Dayton area SR22. In short, you will be at the center of making this product a reality.
- Analyze system objectives to determine the optimum software architectures to apply to making this OPV SR22 successful
- Help design/specify the user interfaces that are optimized for OPV flight
- Be the on-site project lead and lead System Engineer
- Represent the company at AFRL program reviews at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton
- Run simulations and lab-based testing, as necessary, to validate and enhance system/software performance
- Support flight test, as required
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Proven track record in System Engineering roles
- Ability to work in small, tight-knit and agile teams as well as at satellite facilities with minimum on-site co-workers essential
- An unstoppable drive to win
- BS (or higher) degree in an Engineering field, or equivalent desired
- A minimum of 3 years as a System Engineer required
- A pilot license/experience highly desired
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- This position will likely involve travel to other company locations sites principally in the Boston area (10-20%) but global travel is also possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Dayton metro area but will consider non-local domicile – relocation to Dayton area part of compensation package, if necessary
- US Citizenship required
- Security clearance (active or previous) preferred
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.