Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Dayton OH, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineers who are interested in artificial intelligence algorithms and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
As a Cybersecurity System Engineer, your principal work assignments will involve supporting the company’s system security design effort, security requirements analysis, and security requirements flow down to the company programs. As an additional duty, you may help support company-wide IT needs to include desktop support, network setup and support, software tool search/acquisition/installation/maintenance/training and remote site IT integration.
- Generate the corporate Information Assurance (IA) policies
- Support the development of security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security test plans and procedures in compliance with the IA policy
- Review system design documentation and test the security requirements during system development
- Configure and test IA equipment including securing and managing data networks
- Perform cybersecurity system assessments, analyze results and prepare IA packages
- Support company wide computing needs
- Participate and/or lead the search, acquisition and installation of IT-related and software development-related tools that enable the company to maximize efficiency
- Setting up and maintaining networks and configuring network devices (e.g. routers, switches, etc)
- Consult to company management on all things IA and IT related
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of network topologies, layered security architectures and designs, network-based security, host-based protection, anti-virus, and security management;
- Solid understanding and practical experience with setting up and maintaining networks and configuring network devices (e.g. routers, switches, etc)
- BS (or higher) degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering; Computer Science or equivalent
- Security+ or CISSP certification highly desired
- We are seeking one or more Engineers who have an interest in, and desire to work with cybersecurity systems for a small, but rapidly growing company
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification preferred
- Experience in System Security Analysis and Implementation, Design Assurance or testing for INFOSEC products and systems, and integration and testing for INFOSEC products and systems highly desired
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) and Information Assurance (IA) in regards to hardening and remediation of systems required
- Experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) CKLs highly desired
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- Travel up to 20% of the time may be likely.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area but will consider non-local domicile – relocation to Boston area part of compensation package, if necessary
- US Citizenship strongly required
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment. Autonodyne will assist with this clearance process or clearance transfer for the successful candidates. Top Secret clearance is preferred.
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.