Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Dayton OH, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineering interns who are interested in artificial intelligence algorithms and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
This is a paid internship position. Timing of the internship is flexible – it may run during the summer months or academic year, or both.
As an engineering IT intern, your principal work assignments will involve supporting the company’s IT needs to include desktop support, network setup and support, software tool search/acquisition/installation/maintenance/training and remote site IT integration.
- Acquire and setup desktop and laptop systems for incoming wave of new employees
- Support company wide computing needs
- Manage cloud storage options
- Provide support for off-site/remote employees IT needs
- Participate and/or lead the search, acquisition and installation of IT-related and software development-related tools that enable the company to maximize efficiency.
- Consult to company management on all things IT related
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Working understanding of existing computing equipment
- Solid understanding and practical experience with setting up and maintaining networks
- Interest in the area of IT
- BS (or higher) degree or Certificates in IT-related field.
- We are seeking one or more engineering interns who have an interest in, and desire to work with IT systems for a small, but rapidly growing company
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area
- US Citizenship required
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.