Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Dayton OH, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineering interns who are interested in augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) devices and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
As a software test engineer, your principal work assignments will involve generating verification and validation test approaches and test plans for the systems under development, as well as helping to execute that testing.
We are developing systems for both the certified civil market using the FAA DO-178C Software Development Process, and the non-certified but still rigorously tested defense market. Establishing requirements for testability and helping to conduct that testing straddles both markets. Strategies for testing non-deterministic code (e.g. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) will need to be developed and executed on our control station, mission computer, and augmented reality devices.
The Autonodyne products are currently a mix of existing product sets and many that are under development or haven’t started yet. We place a strong emphasis on graphical user interfaces (GUI) and natural user interfaces (NUI) along with high levels of autonomy and artificial intelligence.
We will be a focused team of engineers principally based in the Boston area working on a number of rapid-paced, high-energy programs. In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Company subject matter expert in software verification test methodologies
- Design test approaches for company products including the non-deterministic ones
- Aid in the generation of test scripts, including the UI scripting tool Sikuli
- Assist in the execution of the various V&V steps
- Run simulations, as necessary, to validate and enhance system/software performance
- Support flight test, as required
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Working understanding of existing relevant software architectures
- Working knowledge of typical coding languages (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java)
- Solid competence and/or expertise in test methodologies
- Comfortable in simulation environments required
- Computer gaming interests/experience is desired
- Ability to work in small, tight-knit and agile teams essential
- BS (or higher) degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent desired.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting software V&V
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area but will consider non-local domicile – relocation to Boston area part of compensation package, if necessary
- US Citizenship required
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.