Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Dayton OH, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineers who are interested in swarm/network topologies, artificial intelligence algorithms and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
As a software engineer, your principal work assignments will involve investigating various network topologies that will enable n>>1 unmanned aerial vehicles. Often described as a swarm, Autonodyne is looking at optimum architectures for n>>1 airborne vehicles. You will encode one or more algorithms for integration into simulation environments, and if the customer timing works out, potentially install that code onto actual flight platforms.
This work would be integrated with the Autonodyne mission computer software and control station software and the various augmented reality devices we are working with for control of the n>>1 formation/swarm.
The Autonodyne products are currently a mix of existing product sets and many that are under development or haven’t started yet. We place a strong emphasis on graphical user interfaces (GUI) and natural user interfaces (NUI) along with high levels of autonomy and artificial intelligence.
We will be a focused team of engineers principally based in the Boston area working on a number of rapid-paced, high-energy programs. In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Become a subject matter expert in network and control topologies or work with engineers who are
- Design control methodologies for large formations of autonomous, collaborative vehicles
- Implement the designs in code (C/C++, iOS, Unity, etc)
- Integrate these algorithms/code with the rest of the mission management system that is designed to be hosted on the vehicle mission computer hardware and control station system
- Run simulations, as necessary, to validate and enhance system/software performance
- Support flight test, as required
- Explore and implement methodologies to accomplish what amounts to a ‘Self-Healing Network’ that is robust to losses of links, communications, etc.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Working understanding of existing relevant network topologies (e.g. Mesh networks, MIMO, etc)
- Ability to code in C/C++ highly desired
- Ability to code in iOS environment desired
- Comfortable in simulation environments required
- Familiarity with RF networks desired
- Computer gaming interests/experience is desired
- Ability to work in small, tight-knit and agile teams essential
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent complete or in-process desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge in various network schemes and topologies
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area
- US Citizenship required
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.