Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Join a company and be a key part of the team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are just about unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification that allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston and is looking for one or more Program Managers who are interested in helping to enable the vision of highly automated and autonomous flight. This position reports to the CEO.
The Autonodyne products are currently a mix of existing product sets and many that are under development or haven’t started yet. We place a strong emphasis on graphical user interfaces (GUI) and natural user interfaces (NUI) along with high levels of autonomy and artificial intelligence.
As an Program Manager, your principal work assignments will involve various tasks and jobs associated with managing the on-going customer programs we are under contract for or are competing for.
Formulating, organizing, and monitoring stand-alone and inter-connected projects will be par for the course. Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives, coordinating cross-project activities, and helping to organize project schedules, budgets, progress reporting are key responsibilities as is overseeing the progress of operations.
Example programs include supporting Urban Air Mobility (UAM) customers and our deliverables for those programs; DoD-funded autonomous vehicle (air, sea, and land) programs, and civil UAS customers (e.g. utility infrastructure support using UAS, firefighting efforts, etc).
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
You will be part of a focused team of engineers based in the Boston area working on a number of rapid-paced, high-energy programs. In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for customers
- Work directly with company leadership to help shape the external capability message as we talk with potential customers
- BS (or higher) degree in Management or Systems Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent desired
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- 25% travel is considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston metro area
- US Citizenship required
- US Security Clearance highly desired
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.