Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA).
As a Human Resource Generalist, your principal work assignments will involve supporting Autonodyne’s growth by partnering with managers and the HR team to develop and implement new programs, processes and policies in the key areas of Staffing, Performance Management, Talent Identification, Employee Development, Benefits and Affirmative Action.
The successful candidate will possess skills in the areas of problem/issue identification and resolution, project management, communication and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences, strong interpersonal and analytical skills, negotiation and facilitation skills to deal with delicate issues appropriately.
- Maintain and update job descriptions
- Place and maintain recruitment ads
- Organize and prescreen all incoming resumes
- Forward resumes to hiring manager and arrange interviews as needed
- Create offer letters, present & track offers of employment
- Process pre-employment and new hire paperwork according to retention protocols and state/federal guidelines
- Coordinate employee onboarding including: equipment set up, physical space and first day instructions
- Conduct new hire orientation on first day
- Create & maintain employee tracking reports
- Process and track all benefits for employees; process changes and open enrollment yearly
- Complete quarterly, annual and monthly reports/audits and present results
- Process any changes to employee status, title, salary, coverage level, demographics etc.
- Process payroll for employees bi weekly
- Prepare and process termination paperwork
- Process workers compensation claims, LOAs, Disability claims, unemployment claims, FMLA requests & employment verifications
- Maintain and update orientation handbook
- Assist CEO with travel plans, event planning, meeting schedules
- Ensure all locations are compliant with Federal, State & Local employment laws i.e. posters, announcements, facilities, safety requirements
- Communicate company information to employees
- Assist in processing biweekly payroll
- Prepare Affirmative Action Plan
- Office Manager duties as required
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Strong written and oral communication
- Above average ability to prioritize and shift priorities as needed
- Fluent in social media, particularly in researching and recruiting candidates through channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and online job boards
- Job candidate interviewing skills
- Track Record of initiative and creativity in program development
- Knowledge about applicable local, state, federal employment laws
- Working knowledge of immigration status procedures and requirements –TN, Visa, H1B Visa, Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent
- PHR/SPHR certification desired
- Three to five plus years of experience in Human Resources
- Job candidate interviewing skills
- Experience administering employee benefits
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience using Payroll Software – ADP, PayCor, Payflex, Kronos
- Experience in Affirmative Action Plan Writing
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area
- US Citizenship strongly preferred
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.