Location: 320 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210.
Autonodyne is a well-funded, early-stage company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne develops and certifies systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“UAS”) market, Autonodyne has the necessary building blocks and a higher pace of response and adaptation to change than the competition. Autonodyne is unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown almost anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA.
Performs financial management duties that require an understanding of both accounting theory and practice, and the ability to interpret financial data to provide value added financial direction. This position will report to the CEO, and will, at least initially, be supported by the Avidyne Corporation (sister company) CFO and Controller. This position will also provide advice on financial matters, including review of bids and monitoring of contract performance. Requires knowledge of government contracting, cost accounting standards, federal acquisition regulations, and compliant cost accounting systems and reporting. They will lead and participate in the full range of month-end close functions, expense analysis, audit support, tax support preparation, and corporate account reconciliations.
- Performs month-end close functions including preparing and/or reviewing of journal entries for month-end close ensuring transactions are reasonable and in compliance with GAAP, CAS and FAR.
- Provides other accounting/financial information that may be requested and assist management in interpretation of the data and its implications.
- Reviews contracts and bids for risks and financial expectations.
- Calculates overhead and cost of capital rates for application in bids and invoicing.
- Responsible for performing other related tasks deemed necessary, including but not limited to: processing invoices for payment, invoicing customers, General Ledger Reconciliations, application of appropriate revenue recognition practices, follow policies for capitalizing and expensing costs, provide judgmental estimates of reserves based on analysis and reasonable financial basis, and ensure typical accounting entries are posted properly and timely. .
- Responsible for ensuring that accounting policies and procedures meet the requirements of government cost accounting standards.
- Recommends improvements in policies, procedures and internal controls.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Strong written and oral communication
- Self-starter who sets clear objectives, directly linked to the business strategy, and will guide the team to achieve defined targets and performance standards
- Government contract accounting
- High proficiency in core accounting systems, Excel and other data analysis tools
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contracts and cost accounting procedures
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.